What We OfferA full service architectural practice.
The owner, Charles B. Smith, RA, is an architect licensed in New York, North Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, and a member of the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards. If at all possible, we visit the building site with the clients to analyze the opportunities and challenges of the location.
- - We utilize 3 dimensional digital schematic modeling to help visualize the schematic design concept.
- - We contact the local code enforcement officials to confirm local laws pertaining to the site. For each new home, we also provide a Home Energy Rating Score (H.E.R.S.).
- - In design development we collaborate with a local builder to estimate construction costs.
- - Our construction documents include foundation design and lighting and electrical plans in addition to the standard plan necessities.
- - We have a special expertise in timber frame design.
- - Many of our clients take advantage of our in-house interior design services which help to integrate kitchens, built-ins, color, hardware and tile into the design.
We have extensive experience in New York's Hudson Valley and Finger Lakes regions, as well as the ski town of Ellicottville, New York. We have a growing list of clients in Georgia, North Carolina, New Jersey and other eastern seaboard states because of our expertise as timber frame architects.
We recommend the use of our interior detailing services. Interior detailing services help with coordination of kitchens, built-ins, tile, lighting fixtures, color selection, flooring, trim and interior doors and hardware. We work with the client to devise functional interior details and solutions that are balanced with the architectural design of the home.
Interior details offer a distinctive touch in a new home or renovation. A detail may be for function, for style, or achieve both. Extensive industry contacts ensure the most comprehensive selection of interior items and styles for the client. Our goal is to help you achieve an integrated design theme.
“To build one’s house is to build a dream, an environment made to one’s measure, and to express one’s deep personality, a part of us that is normally invisible.”
Interior detailing services help with coordination of kitchens, built-ins, tile, lighting fixtures, color selection, flooring, trim and interior doors and hardware. We work with the…
Our efforts help our clients write joyful stories while doing our part to manage the numerous risks and identify the unknowns found in the building process.