The owner, Charles B. Smith, RA, is an architect licensed in New York, North Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, and a member of the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards. If at all possible, we visit the building site with the clients to analyze the opportunities and challenges of the location.
– We utilize 3 dimensional digital schematic modeling to help visualize the schematic design concept.
– We contact the local code enforcement officials to confirm local laws pertaining to the site. For each new home, we also provide a Home Energy Rating System (H.E.R.S.) Index.
– In design development we collaborate with a local builder to estimate construction costs.
– Our construction documents include foundation design and lighting and electrical plans in addition to the standard plan necessities.
– We have a special expertise in timber frame design.
– Many of our clients take advantage of our in-house interior design services which help to integrate kitchens, built-ins, color, hardware and tile into the design.
We have extensive experience in New York’s Hudson Valley and Finger Lakes regions, as well as the ski town of Ellicottville, New York. We have a growing list of clients in Georgia, North Carolina, New Jersey and other eastern seaboard states because of our expertise as timber frame architects.